Who we are:
What we collect and store:
In our mission to make student-to-student exchanges more convenient, we collect information when you:
- Visit our site
- Register an account
- Purchase from us
- Comment or leave a review on our site
While you visit our store, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you register an account with Textchange, we collect your contact information and account credentials. You can either create an account using an email address or you can create an account by linking a social media account (e.g. Facebook login). By linking the services, you authorize us to collect, store and use any information they may give us (e.g., your email address). You can disconnect your Textchange registration from third-party accounts at any time.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 1.5 years for tax and accounting purposes as well as to provide a reliable service. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Who on our team has access:
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others:
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example PayPal to process payments, and shipping address to Shipday, our logistics and delivery management software in order to fulfil our door-to-door delivery.
How long is your data retained:
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your data, your rights:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Facebook data deletion instructions:
Textchange uses a Facebook API to help facilitate more convenient account registrations and logins, and to verify users. We do not keep your personal data (other than your email address Facebook may provide us with) in our servers. If you want to delete your activities associated with Textchange, you can remove your information by following these steps:
- Go to your Facebook Account’s Setting & Privacy. Click “Settings”
- Select “Apps and Websites”, you will see all of the apps and websites you linked with your Facebook account
- Search and select “Textchange”
- Scroll and click “Remove”
- Congratulations, you have successfully removed your app activities.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Woocomerce Shipping and Tax (Through Jetpack):
- For payments with PayPal or Stripe: purchase total, currency, billing information.
- For taxes: the value of goods in the cart, value of shipping, destination address.
- For checkout rates: destination address, purchased product IDs, dimensions, weight, and quantities.
- For shipping labels: customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products.
- For checkout rates we send the destination ZIP/postal code and purchased product dimensions, weight and quantities to the carrier directly or via EasyPost, depending on the service used.
- For shipping labels we send the customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products to EasyPost. We also store the purchased shipping labels on our server to make it easy to reprint them and handle support requests.