Who we are:
Our website address is: https://textchange.ca, the official marketplace address for Textchange. The store administrator and owner can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Terms and Conditions outlined on this page pertain to the activities and interaction engaged in by a user¹ in association with Textchange, www.textchange.ca (The “Site”), as well with any agent of the business and website in their capacity thereto.
Provision of Services:
Textchange (further to also to referred to as the “website”, “site”, “platform”) acts as an internet intermediary marketplace, defined as services that bring together or facilitate transactions between third parties on the internet. Thereto, Textchange solely provides the infrastructure to facilitating the buying and selling of products by the site’s users, and does not at any point take ownership or otherwise interact (including as a publisher) with user postings.
- Seller agrees to pay a fee in the form of a commission
- Buyer agrees to pay a service fee as indicated at checkout as well as any other costs (e.g. shipping) indicated at checkout.
Ownership of Posted Products and Textchange Disclaimer:
As to the above section, in acting as an intermediary, Textchange operates under the assumption of broad immunity, which limits the liability of the intermediary (i.e. Textchange), and promotes and protects the global free flow of information online. Pertaining to this, Textchange does not act, nor should be treated as the publisher or owner of any content or product posted to the site.
Withdrawal of Right:
In the case that a user no longer agrees to the terms outlined on this page, we ask to receive written notice either through our contact form on the “Contact Us” page, or directly to our email email@example.com. Once this request is received, we will take steps to remove the users account and all information associated with this. Some information such as seller reviews and comments may still be visible on the site, however these will not include any personal information.
Terms of Service:
In using the services provided by this site, the user implicitly and/or explicitly agrees to the terms outlined in this terms and conditions page. The user agrees and understands that all posts must be related and relevant to the general subject of focus of this site, that it textbooks and related educational materials. Posting unrelated products or materials will be considered a violation of the terms, and could result in a user account being deleted, and a user being prohibited from future use of the provided service under alternative accounts. By agreeing to the terms and conditions, the user agrees to abide by the guidelines indicated in the “Community Guidelines” in the Conditions of Use and Service section below.
Conditions of Use and Service:
As Textchange markets/advertises and provides its service for university students, it is assumed that all users of the service are of capacity to use this site. As in the above sections, Textchange acts as an intermediary in connecting the parties to the transaction. As such, a user recognizes that the site is not responsible for the state of the books, information posted on the site, is not the publisher of posts.
The purpose of the following guidelines is to ensure the mutual protection and the mutual benefit of the Textchange community (i.e., the collective users), and aims to create an environment of trust and accountability in order to provide a desirable user experience. All users of the Site agree to the following:
- Please report inappropriate behavior. If you see any offensive, abusive, patently false, or otherwise inappropriate content (including posts, pictures, and videos), please click on the “Report Abuse” button on the single product pages. This will alert the moderators so they can look into the issue.
- Avoid duplicate, repetitive, or disruptive posts. Textchange strives to provide the most convenient service for students. Posting duplicate, repetitive, or disruptive posts creates clutter and disorganization and disrupts the user experience of others. These may be removed without notice.
- Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade, “wanted” posts, petitions or solicitations. Members are not permitted to tell others to leave eBay, or solicit involvement in off-eBay activities. Examples of this include naming or posting links to off-eBay sites, groups or forums with the intention of soliciting involvement.
When listing an item for sale on Textchange, you agree to comply with the following:
- You are responsible for the accuracy and content of the listing and item offered.
- Content that violates any of Site’s policies may be modified or deleted at Textchange’s discretion.
- We may revise product data associated with listings to supplement, remove, or correct information.
- Metatags and URL links that are included in a listing may be removed or altered so as to not affect third-party search engine results.
When buying an item you agree that:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a commitment to buy.
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item.
Methods of Payment:
For more information about our terms and conditions, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.